Tuesday, July 13, 2010

prolific

I had a very prolific day yesterday - wrote lyrics to my new song and they just flowed. That was good! I wrote 2 verses and the chorus, so almost done. Then my co-writer and I finished the song we've been working on. I had to get back to my Source, my muse, the thing that keeps me ticking. It seems I just can't get out from under the "problems" or "challenges" lately - now my car is acting up and the house thing is never-ending. So I have to write, otherwise I'd go crazy! It's the thing at the center of my being, the who-I-am, that I have to get in touch with. Regular everyday life can be demanding and stressful at times, as it has been for me these last few months, so I have to remember who I am and what I'm here to do...I am a creative being living in a creative world.

Here's my statement to the universe again of what I want:

I want to be offered a major gig as a singer/songwriter - either a European Jazz festival, a large club, opening for a major name artist, etc.
I want a major label artist to record one of my songs and release it as a single.
I want my songs placed in a major motion picture or TV show.
I want my songs to reach the #1 spot on the Billboard charts.
And of course, I want to be paid handsomely for all of the above so that I am truly living an abundant life.

I will continue with my 30 day affirmations of this....not letting up! I deserve success, I deserve an abundant life earning my living doing what I love and expressing myself with who I am. I have to believe life is meant to be a joyful expression and that God/Source is supporting me in this endeavor, that Life is on my side working with me rather than against me.

Today lots of work I have to do on the house, not what I want to do but I must. But at least in the back of my mind I remember who I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment