Saturday, July 10, 2010

reminder

OK, I'm just reminding myself and the universe of what I want:
I want to be offered a major gig as a singer/songwriter - either a European Jazz festival, a large club, opening for a major name artist, etc.
I want a major label artist to record one of my songs and release it as a single.
I want my songs placed in a major motion picture or TV show.
I want my songs to reach the #1 spot on the Billboard charts.
And of course, I want to be paid handsomely for all of the above so that I am truly living an abundant life.

Funny, because I got an email from a European promoter who is putting on a big Jazz festival. They said that if I could send 300 goodie-bag items, like pens, flyers, key-chains, etc., that they'd include it in the bag, which would be given to the first 300 concert-goers. Some of those people could be promoters, venue owners, etc. So I've got to think of something I could send and send it to Europe fast! Maybe my inner creative marketer is working? I know creativity works in all areas, not just music. I used to paint pottery, and I would wake up with all kinds of visual ideas of designs. It's not that I'm a born painter by any means, it's just, that's where I was putting my creative energy. So that energy, I am convinced, can be used in business, marketing, etc. It's all the same source/Source, right? God/Creativity/Source - it's all the same thing in my mind. Why wouldn't God/Source work for me in promotion as it does in music?
I've spent my whole life feeling like I don't know what to do or how to do it when it comes to marketing and promotion. I've written songs, done gigs, but never felt like I had any success because I didn't know where to turn or what path to follow. I never could even see a path - in the music business, there's no clear-cut way to go as in other professions. If you want to be a school teacher, there are clear things that you need to do. But in music, it's shooting in the dark, or at least it has been for me up to this point. I don't know how many hours I've spent working on my computer, rather than hang out with friends, etc. I keep pushing, but at some point it started feeling like an uphill battle. So I let the boulder I'd been pushing slide down the hill. But now I have to move forward again, but this time with a different approach: balance. I will do the footwork and ask for divine inspiration and guidance. Yes, I believe God works through me, not to me...So I'm asking - God, how do I do this? How do I get my music out in the world? And I'm waiting for answers, patiently, knowingly, doing my work, then letting go....

No comments:

Post a Comment