Saturday, May 29, 2010

didn't write

Yes, it's true...I slacked. I only had an hour's worth of work yesterday and didn't find time to write. That's pitiful! I had lots of errands to run, important stuff...not like I was sitting around watching TV. Plus I practiced for my upcoming show next week. As a matter of fact, on that show I'm performing only original songs, some of which no one has ever heard before! I'm a little nervous, because one of the songs hasn't not been critiqued by my workshop group, and it's a slow, sad song, which I don't usually do at this particular performance (which is at my church). But I'm taking a risk - didn't I say risk was involved in success! So I'm going for it...let's face it, you can't please everyone. And thank God - if everyone liked exactly the same thing, life would be a pretty boring place. There is an outlet for everyone, I'm convinced of that. I only have 6 days before the show and haven't confirmed even one rehearsal yet, so it's going to be a last minute deal. But I trust in the piano player, so once again, taking a risk...
And yes, I believe there's an outlet for everyone's talent - I don't think we are put on this planet to suffer or struggle or be unfulfilled. I have to believe that or I'm sunk. I have to trust in the abundance of life and the growth and expansion of the universe, which includes my own creative outlet. Somewhere, somehow, I will find my place. There's a Jude Cole song in which he says he keeps looking for his "place in line". I like that - everybody wants to feel that they belong, and have something worthy to contribute to life. And to make a mark on the universe, to leave one's unique stamp to be enjoyed or remembered for eternity, now that's big! I'd love to have that, but for now I'd be happy with earning some money from songwriting! I'll keep plugging away...

No comments:

Post a Comment