Wednesday, May 5, 2010

freaking out

Well,
My life has been turned upside down by this flood. Haven't written any music in 5 days - so much for my 30 day plan! But that's OK I guess. I've written about 5 songs in the last couple of weeks, and will review those today. I'm freaking though because the Hitmakers audition is this Sunday! And I watched the video on their website of the LA auditions and they make the contestants who make call-backs write a song in 30 minutes!! I am not a fast writer - sometimes lyrics take me 3 days or more...I like the music and lyrics to stew a bit. So if I were to make call-backs, will I be ready? Can I use the song ideas I've written recently as the music and just write the lyrics? Is that cheating? Will I have to have the chord progressions memorized? I don't memorize songs quickly either! So I'm stressing out...plus I have a gig in 2 1/2 weeks and can't get the musicians to respond to my emails. Why are musicians so flaky? Don't they realize music is a business and needs to be handled professionally? I feel my blood boil when I email or call someone and they don't return my call...just flaky and immature!
Well, I am determined to organized my 5 song ideas today - to print out the charts and review the melodies just in case!!
Gotta work...

No comments:

Post a Comment