Friday, April 23, 2010

30 Days of Songwriting

April 23, 2010

Hello,
I've decided to do what Julie did in Julia/Julie and write daily and blog about it. I will start with 30 days and see what happens. I'm a Nashville songwriter who's been doing this a long time, and I'm on a mission! I'm going to audition for an upcoming reality show called "Hitmakers", which is for songwriters, and IF I get accepted, I want to be prepared for whatever they throw my way. So I'm going to write a song in the following categories: Rock, R&B, Reggae, Country, and Pop over the next 30 days. I already wrote the Reggae tune yesterday - turned out pretty cool! I'm only writing music, not lyrics, because I'm sure they'll give me a theme to write on (if I get in that is). Just trying to compile as many musical ideas as possible. If nothing comes from the show, at least I'll have a bunch of new songs!
I'm not giving songwriting advice, just posting my process....

More later...
Terri B.
www.jukejoint.com

No comments:

Post a Comment