Wednesday, June 2, 2010

finding time

I worked yesterday on a new chorus idea for the song I'm supposed to have for my co-writer tonight. Boy, I really procrastinated this time...I'm usually not one to wait till the last minute but I did. So I was frantically trying to come up with melodies in only one hour. And I just can't write efficiently under pressure. I did come up with a new melody, but it was still to the old chords - I think those are stuck in my head. So hard to change things when they're engrained in my brain. I have a few hours today to work on it again and I will try my best to get all of my chores and duties out of the way so I can focus focus focus! I want to present him with 3 new chorus options, so I'm going to have to really work hard to get something going in just a couple of hours. You know - the phone always rings or something....songwriting comes first today!

No comments:

Post a Comment