Wednesday, April 28, 2010

nothing new today

I listened to my Dance/Pop song again today and decided it was as good as it is going to get. I think it's good, but not sure if it's great. I guess sometimes things are what they are and I have to accept them as is...It may develop more once I add the words, but for now I will leave it. But I'm OK with that, I don't have to write the "perfect" song every day. Just the process of writing brings me joy enough..

I tried to come up with some other ideas but nothing stuck. So I analyzed a song from a major artist to try to understand what made it so great. The chords were complex, but only changed once a measure, so that's not too difficult. It always goes back to the melody for me...no matter how thick the chords are or what the lyric is saying, in my opinion a great song must have a great melody.

I will practice piano today to try to improve my skills...another tool for a songwriter...

OK, gotta practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment